Plain Speaking

My thoughts on sports, religion, politics, society, and everything else you're not suppose to talk about!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bardstown, Kentucky, United States

1995 Graduate of Western Kentucky University, History major/ Government & Speech minors. Love being a father and husband.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

The death of good people who are wrong.

Pope John Paul II has died. I am a conservative and much of what the head of the Roman church said politically and socially I agree wholeheartredly. However, when I read the teaching of the Catholic church and compare it to the Bible I see many contradictions. So this begs the question, will God judge John Paul II and Jonathan Neal Stanley Sr. by the same standard or will he judge me according to the Bible the standard I look to and then judge John Paul by the teaching of the Roman church, or his teachings.

Here is my opinion of the man, John Paul II. He has been a unyielding force for change in the world. His standing up against sexual promiscuity and against dictatorship's abuse of human rights have done great good.

The other side of the coin is the error and contradiction I see in John Paul's doctrine for the Catholic Church, I mispeak somewhat for his doctrine in most instances is a continuation of past Catholic doctrine, not the doctrine of the Bible or the practices of the church in the 1st century.

It is my belief that no person can contradict or rewrite, redefine, or overrule God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home