Plain Speaking

My thoughts on sports, religion, politics, society, and everything else you're not suppose to talk about!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bardstown, Kentucky, United States

1995 Graduate of Western Kentucky University, History major/ Government & Speech minors. Love being a father and husband.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

This is your life??????

Well let me start by making an embarrassing statement. I need a job. Two jobs and two months ago I had it pretty good and did not realize it. I was managing an insurance office in the greater Nashville area. I left that job to sell manufactured homes and homeowners insurance for a company in Bowling Green, Kentucky about forty-five minutes closer to my home.

From the beginning I knew I had made a mistake. The people I worked with sold people things they could not afford and hoped that they would not pay so they could reposes the it and resell it for another commission.

It took forever to get paid for the homes I did sell and then I had to pay the company the money I was drawing from future commissions. I had to stop this cycle. After church Sunday morning I went to the office to clean out my desk. When I arrived at the lot, I saw another salesman who came into the office to try and create business on his day off. (Sunday is the only day they are closed.)

My son's favorite movie of the moment is The Incredibles. I feel a lot like Mr. Incredible I have the ability and the desire to do great things, but I am stuck. I am reminded of a lyric from one of my favorite hymns, "I know the Lord will find a way for me." I think I am like Job, I just wish that He would give me a heads up as to the why all this happening to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home